AGH!

May. 10th, 2008 11:54 pm
isabelladangelo: (Fabric)
[personal profile] isabelladangelo
...I think I'm allergic to Alpaca wool. I tried to cast on a few stiches and my eyes got all itchy and my face is still beet red. I wasn't sure what it was at first so I went back to it a couple of hours later and ummm..yeah. Isabella and Alpaca wool do not mix. So, if anyone happens to want a couple of really beautiful skiens of Alpaca wool - one is a misty green and the other in a pale rose - they are yours.

Date: 2008-05-11 04:17 am (UTC)
ext_46111: Photo of a lady in Renaissance costume, pointing to a quote from Hamlet:  "Words, words, words". (Default)
From: [identity profile] msmcknittington.livejournal.com
That's really weird! Most people who are allergic to wool can handle alpaca. I've never heard of anyone having an allergy to it. Maybe it's a dye or something used in processing it?

Date: 2008-05-11 04:30 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] isabelladangelo.livejournal.com
Nope, I'm not the least bit allergic to regular ole sheep wool, just alpaca apparently.. It does make sense that I'd be allergic to something that is considered "hypoallergenic" because I'm allergic to all other hypoallergenic products. (My throat starts to close if I even smell the hypoallergenic soaps!) But then again, I'm the one with the weird allergies to begin with.

Date: 2008-05-11 05:12 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] bluedoran.livejournal.com
I'm the other way around -- I'm not allergic to alpaca! I'd be perfectly happy to have the yarn.

Date: 2008-05-11 05:36 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] girliegirl32786.livejournal.com
Oh no! Thats awful! I have the exact opposite reaction. A lot of wool makes me itchy and red, but alpaca I love.

October 2020

S M T W T F S
    123
45678910
111213141516 17
18192021222324
25262728293031

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 17th, 2026 11:21 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios